Translate

Thursday 4 September 2014

Meet The Team

 

Call me Sue... I live in Auckland New Zealand, having emigrated in 1972 from the principality of Wales.

My creative journey through my Blog provides me not only with displaying my craft but also the opportunity to meet like-minded souls; even though it is only virtual.

My genre leans towards Shabby-chic/Vintage when I make cards, but the last few years I have been dabbling with mixed media; messy, messy, messy it may be, but I love playing with different products, and you know ‘It doesn’t have to be perfect to look good! ...I simply love to create.

The immediate perception of my efforts lean towards textural backgrounds with a focal area, although I enjoy making practical items as well, like mini albums, altered boxes and wall art.

I am always looking to sharpen my skills in all areas, allowing me to express and extend myself, inspiration is taken from the world around me; I see patterns and colour everywhere, observation is so important to the creative mind. I am trying to develop my own style by learning new skills to strengthen my own personal creative voice, I don't think I am there yet, I often feel like Sisyphus rolling the stone up the hill!

Having the opportunity to be part a design team is such a positive to this extension, as I am compelled to think laterally, which unfortunately does not come naturally to my type of personality; far too utilitarian.

But it is so much fun trying, because occasionally it works!



Hi, my name is Angela Radford I live in Lincolnshire UK, though I am a Yorkshire girl by birth.
 
I'm an avid crafter with a big interest in Mixed Media. I particularly love to work with Steampunk, Vintage and Shabby Chic Styles.
 
Steampunk because it’s so “quirky” and very imaginative, it encourages you to look at everyday objects in a different light to create fantastic works of art.
 
I have always loved to create things and consider myself very lucky to have been able to teach Textiles and Art for so many years . Now that I am retired I have time to enjoy my passion for crafting.

I only started blogging in 2013 but have met so many wonderful and talented people from all over the world who have become friends through our interactions with each other.

Things that inspires me? Everything! Sometimes it’s just the texture of a card, a technique, a stamp or simply a colour. You never know what is out there, waiting to inspire you, just keep that creative eye open!

I love to Recycle and Upcycle and I am fascinated by how 3D artifacts are put together. Once I understand the construction, I like to really try to create something that I’ve never made before.
 
I like to experiment with new styles and techniques and what can I say, getting inky and messy is one of the joys of crafting.
 
I hope that working with the team at The Mirror Crack’d will be a new challenge for me, to stretch my imagination and to come up with new ideas.
 
I look forward to seeing what you all come up with too.

Happy crafting, Angela x
 


I am the Canadian on this global team and am a retired accountant. I live just outside Toronto with my husband of 39 years. We have one daughter who lives nearby and she is also married with two children so I have the joy of a 5 year-old Grandson and an 8 year-old Granddaughter in my life.

I am grateful that my Mother shared her love of crafting with me from an early age and I credit her with giving me the creative gene. I am not at all artistic in that I can't draw a straight line without a ruler. I have tried just about any craft and the eclectic mix of supplies in my craft room will support that. For the longest time cross-stitch was my main focus and then about 10 years ago I started to make a scrapbook of my daughter from birth to marriage. About the same time I made my first greeting card and was hooked. The status of the scrapbook - newborn page done and lots of photos sitting in a box. Maybe if I live long enough I can give it to her for her 25th wedding anniversary in 12 years.

In 2009 I started blogging and that led to some Design Team invitations. Shortly afterwards my style became primarily vintage and shabby chic and then about a year ago I started to dabble in mixed media. Since I don't have access to workshops, I take my inspiration from the work of all the talented people I find online and teach myself.

I am looking forward to serving on this team and know that they will inspire me as well.



I come from Poland, born and living at the seaside. I'm a fifty-something, stay at home Wife, Mum of two grown up boys and a proud Grandma.
 
I started my crafting journey 2 years ago and immediately became an addicted paper-lover. Believe me or not I had never done any crafting before and I just love my crafting journey. Altering things and playing with mixed media are my favourite activities
 
Oh...and I love making crafty friends all over the world.
 
I hope my granddaughter will learn to play with paper and will join me someday.
 
I am very happy to be a designer here and hope to learn a lot from my mates.
 


I am from Germany (near Munich, born 1980) and Mum of two really lovely Kiddies. When I was about 14 years old I started painting and my love for colors never stopped. Meanwhile I jumped from photography to digital design and to digital scrapbooking. I didn't really like the flat printed digital pages so I became a REAL scrapbooker! That all came together with card making and mixed media designs.
 
I love messing around with colors, trying different techniques and styles. I am also a fan of colorful jewelry and from time to time I do some polymer clay creations.
 
I'm happy to be part of this amazing design team and so excited about the projects we are all going to create.
 


Hi, Jolanda here from the Netherlands! Living in a small town in the South…
 
I turn 40 in october and I’m happily married. Our lovely dog Baloe completes our family:0)
 
Years ago I started card making and in 2011 I discovered the World of blogging and made so many crafty friends! I love to colour and scrap and since a year I’m addicted to Mixed Media & Art Journalling.
 
I also love cooking and baking and try new recipes! Decorate our home, so I’m never bored.
 
I’m very proud to be part of this wonderful team and hope we can learn from each other
 


Hi Everyone! My name is Rita Marie and I am a Mixed Media Artist living in beautiful Daytona Beach, FL. I am married with 3 children and 8 grandchildren to love. I get lots of inspiration from my lovely family and also the wonderful place where I live.

I have been an artist all my life and in the last 7 years have been doing more and more mixed media. My most loved mediums to use are water color, clay, glass, pencil, and really just about anything. Recently I have been using Pan Pastels which I'm really enjoying. There isn't much I haven't gotten my creative hands on and haven't had fun with.
 
Creating art and inspiring others to find their creative souls is what I love to do. I am excited to be apart of this amazing team, and to be on a new creative journey with some new found friends. xo
 


Hi Crafters! My name is Marina and I'm from Singapore. I'm turning 27 this September (2014) and getting married this December to a wonderful German man. I will be moving to Germany in about a year or so, and I'm always on a lookout to make friends with crafters in Germany and also all around the world! I travel quite often and I love it. Besides crafting, I enjoy baking, doing nail art and having drinks and parties with my friends.

I love to create Mixed Media projects as well as making cards. I love the clean and simple style and playing with stamps when it comes to making cards. That's why, I take up Mixed Media as an outlet when I want to take a break from being "clean" and get messy with all my paints, sprays and other medias. I'm really excited to be a part of this team and hopefully, I could inspire you and provide you with tips for your projects :) I'm also looking forward to learn and get to know my teammates!



Hi. My name is Angela Johnson and I live in Brisbane, Australia. I am married and have one beautiful daughter. I work as an Accountant and I am a Papercraft Addict.
 
I have dabbled with many crafts, but always seem to come back to papercrafting. I love to pull items out and see how they fit together. When it comes to paints, I also love to get messy. I am the one walking down the street with green fingers and blue paint in her hair.

I just love creating, so my styles changes as I try different techniques, however, I do like flowers. Hopefully we can all have fun crafting together.
 


Hi crafters. My name is Merethe and I am from Norway, but I often sign of as Ma. I live by the sea on Norway's largest island up north and above the arctic circle. So no sun at winter and sun all day and night in summer. I live here with my dog Pia 3 year, and my son has left home to further eductation. I am retired and have lots of time to craft.
 
I have always been crafting. Have tried out lots of crafts and hobbies. I have always liked to color and do stuff with my hands. For the last 8-10 years I have been scrapping and cardmaking, and some altered art. I am very new to mixed media but I am starting to learn it and I am beginning to be hooked. So it will be more work on my blog doing Mixed Media stuff.

I also work a little with glass fusing, crocheting and beads and jewellery making. I am inspired and use ideas from the different arts and crafts. I love to try new stuff and techniques and ways to do thing and often see something that inspire me and thinking... hmm this I can use to make a box or use in a canvas, or something like that.

I get inspired by all the amazing ladies here and I am happy to work here together with you and am looking forward to see all your stuff and to see all the entries here at this blog.

Goooood Luuuck everyone and enjoy your craft.

Have fun. Ma :)
 


Hi! I live in the south of England and am a part-time Primary School teacher! I started crafting in 2007 when I decided to make my own Christmas cards. Since then I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles and picked out the bits I like best!! This means my work is quite varied - which keeps me interested and my crafty stash growing!!

I started blogging in April 2010, and joined my first Design Team - Crafty Cardmakers - in October 2011. Working on the team really helped me to challenge myself much further - and continue to develop my skills. In 2014, I was lucky enough to be selected to join the main Design Team for Crafter's Companion which keeps me extremely busy around my teaching commitments and card commissions. I have recently become a Spectrum Noir Accredited Colourist - something of which I am extremely proud as I hadn't even used an alchohol marker 18 months ago!

As well as cards, I love decorating and altering things like boxes and frames - and I also enjoy creating canvases. This has led me into the world of mixed media! I am by no means an expert - but love experimenting!! I am looking forward to being inspired by the rest of the team just as you will be.
 


Hi, I am Shilpa and I live in a beautiful city, Bangalore, India. I am a SAHM to a teenage daughter.
 
I am a Mixed Media Artist and I also love to play in my Art Journal with lot of color and other art mediums every now and then. I am doing paintings since ever I know, always loved to play with colors. I started making handmade cards ten years back, I got introduced to Mixed media couple of years ago and am addicted to it now. I love to try new techniques and new products and share with my fellow crafters/ artists.
 
I am also a designer at Lulupu Blog and Artistic Stamper Creative Teamand also a columnist at Unruly Paper Arts
 


Hi ! My name is Vania . I'm from Bulgaria.36 years old , married with 2 lovely naughty boys. My education and current work is Accountant, but I like many kinds of arts. In fact I don't remember when exactly I started making cards, but I think it's been 3 years since I bought my first design paper pad and for that time I've met a lot of wonderful people with same hobby as mine.My other hobbies are home and office decorations with flowers and candles, but scrapbooking and cardmaking is my truly passion. I can't say the Mixed Media is exactly my style, but I really like to use different techniques in my work.
 
For me is a big pleasure to be part from this talented team and hope my projects will inspire many people.
 
Happy crafting everyone and Good luck  Vania x
 


Hi, my name is Consuela and I'm totally addicted to crafting. I started creating scrapbook layouts back in the 70's when the only thing we had to use was homemade items, ribbons, scotch tape and construction paper. Well we have come a long way baby! My passion has moved from digital scrapbooking to 3D cards, stamping to altering anything that isn't nailed down.
 
My newest passion is mixed media art, which in my eyes means any of the things I had a passion for before, can now be rolled up into one beautiful genre! I'm a great-grand-mom of 3 beautiful inspirations and 9 grand's, so they do keep my creative mind moving.
 
I'm extremely honored to be surrounded by so many talented ladies and having the opportunity to spread my creative wings among them.
 
You are only bound by your own limits when it comes to "ART" so Relax, Relate, Create!



You'd never guess it from my 'photo' but I am a broken down, old decrepit witch! I have been crafting in one form or another for what seems like a lifetime. I have always loved 'colouring in' so imagine my joy when I discovered that adults could also have fun colouring in, only we call it 'crafting'.
 
I started my first blog in 2009 and won the first challenge I ever entered and from that point on I was hooked. Since then I have been lucky enough to get positions on several Design Teams, the first of which was Crafty Cardmakers, and which, a couple of years later I ended up running. I was one of the founding members of Sheena Douglass' design team and was thrilled when some of my creations appeared on television on a shopping channel.
 
A few months back I got it into my head that there weren't enough 'mixed media/altered art' challenge blogs out there so I thought, what the heck, start one yourself Lin. Madness I know as at that point I hadn't really dabbled at all in this genre. But whether or not I am capable of it, I have assembled a team of amazingly talented ladies from all over the globe who definitely are and who I hope will inspire me and prompt me to get 'down and dirty with inks etc., and whom I hope will also inspire you all as well.

We hope you will join us all tomorrow at 12 noon BST (British Summer Time) for our very first challenge. We look forward to seeing you here.

LIN W
















1 comment:

  1. I did leave a comment on your last post, but it's not there so who knows what happened, lol! Anyway, great to meet the team and looking forward to your first challenge...all the best to you all...exciting! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving us a comment.